I just researched several articles and completed questionnaires regarding the Index of Learning Styles (ILS) Questionnaire , Kolb’s Learning Style Inventory , and Myer-Briggs Type Indicator. It was very interesting to learn about my different learning styles, tendencies and preferences. In the index of learning styles, I scored a reflective 3, a sense 1, a visual 11 and a sequential 5. That means that I am pretty balanced between sensing and intuitive learning, but very heavily dependent on visual as opposed to auditory learning. I moderately performed reflection and sequential learning over active and global learning. I think this is a fairly accurate assessment, but I was surprised at how visually dominant I was. I will have to work on my auditory learning skills to try and become more balanced. My Kolb’s learning style inventory revealed that I am predominately watching and thinking. This is referred to as assimilating. This means I prefer logical reasoning and sequential learning to understand the whole general concept. The MBTI revealed that I am INTJ. That is introverted, intuitive, thinking and judging. However, based on my scores I am only slightly introverted and slightly thinking inclined. I am moderately intuitive and moderately judging inclined. Very interesting reading and assessments!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment